You, who need to inspire yourself.

Assalamualaikum hello beautiful people :)

Wow so this year I already posted three entries (including this one). Applause! So what's with the title? 'You, who need to inspire yourself'? Hm believe me or not, I have to present any of my favourite quotes in my class tomorrow! And just one quote! So out of many quotes that I loved, I choose "Letting Go Isn't A Weakness, but.."

First and foremost, I believe that most of you here must have gone through a condition where you're hardly to make a move from. Just once is more than enough. Nobody should proudly said that, "I never felt that way before?". At least if you're not realised or maybe you do not know whether you've been through this kind of situation before, please do not overconfident. I remember what my sister said to me, "Allah menguji kita dengan kata-kata kita". Indeed, she is right. You'll never know what tomorrow holds.

No matter how we want things to be, life is all about the changed. Sometimes it is changed for good, sometimes it isn't. These days I wasn't feeling so good, so I tried to find some motivation through the Youtube lol and came across a video by Jay Shetty, he is a youtuber and very popular with his motivational videos. The title of the video is 'Letting Go Is Not A Weakness".
In that video he told the viewers about a story of a professor that trying to let his students imagined a bottle of water as the problems that a person might hold. The story is just like this,

One day, a professor is holding a bottle of water in his class and asked the students "how much do you think the weigh of this bottle?". A student shouted, "500 g!". Another student shouted, "600 g!". The professor said, "actually we need to weigh this bottle first in order to know the exact answer".

And he asked them another question,

"what happen if I hold this bottle for a few minutes?"
A student answered, "nothing, professor."
"what happen if I hold it for an hour?"
"your arm will get hurt"
"what about for 24 hours?"
"you'll be extremely hurt or even more worst, your arm might be paralysed."

The professor said,

"did you notice that the weigh does not changed at all throughout the time?"
"the only thing that changed is the time I holding this bottle."

He then explained that the water inside the bottle are the challenges, problems, anxiety, worries, uncertainty and everything that is minding you. The bottle itself is you. The longer you hold the pain, the more damages it can bring to you. In order for us to not keep on damaging ourselves, we need to let it go and move on to the better you. One of the powerful quotes taken from Nelson Mandela is, "when I was walking out towards the gate that will lead to my freedom, I knew that if I didn't leave the bitterness and hatred behind, I would still be in the prison". 
Believe me, letting go is not an easy thing to do. But letting those things clinging and dragging you around honestly will make the situation worse. We need to learn to accept the apologies that we never received. We can't break anyone's heart in order to fix ours. As a saying goes, resentment is like drinking the poison and hoping the other person to die. Holding the grudges will bring no benefit at all and simply caused more harm to the way of our thinking as we're letting the negative thoughts stay in our mind.

Our heart might have been broken for a couple of times, our trust have been misused, our loyalty have been tested, and sometimes these things doesn't deserve the forgiveness at all. But forgiveness can prevent us from being negatively affected. Lowered down your ego, there must be a reason for all of these things to happen. Let them go, and make a move. "Letting go is not a weakness, but it's the strength to know that you've been strong for far too long."

P.S:
Fuh sorry for the super-long-text. Pray for me so that I can talk confidently in front of my classmates! And do pray for me so that I can move on from the past memories :') I'm still working on it. And one more thing, do pray for me for the upcoming hectic weeksssss oh my I have so many events this month :(

Comments